Results tagged ‘ Royals ’
And that result would be this:
Over/Under an eternity next time National League wins an All Star Game?
- Hope it wasn’t just me who felt like baseball was dying with the odd “this is the last game that will ever be played” sort of feel to the pre-game.. essentially set it up to be anticlimatic. Producer must receive mid-season Overkill Award.
- Pretty weird, yet cool, to see Major League ballplayers starstruck for a change, during their meet and greet with the President.
That fly swatter himself/leader of our nation, Barack Obama, was called on to toss
the first pitch in this All-Star Game.. and he did so with White Sox
gear.. in the home of the Cardinals.. bold. However, just in
case you didn’t detect it from the boos Mr. President, the sea of red
and white in St. Louis didn’t appreciate the lack of bipartisanship..
- This was a needle to the retina.
Was hoping to see a monster shot from Teix during the ASG, but apparently no one was allowed to take it over the wall at Busch.
- Charlie Manuel has some killer managerial tactics.. The guy still has me wondering how you choose to intentionally walk any guy in a lineup literally
full of All-Stars. The walk served up in the 8th robbed Victor Martinez
of an at-bat in the game, while the guy after him, Adam Jones, drove
in a run with a sac fly.. the run that happened to win the game.
Explanation needed as to why the national broadcasts are always the
worst.. Do we not endure enough sportscaster stupidity, Boston a**
kissing and Yankee salary criticisms throughout the year? Just sayin’.
- Your Quick Bit Of Hilarity: Mo nailing down the save.. for none other than Jonathan Papelbon.. and he wasn’t even the one who truly
saved it for Pap, as Crawford’s catch in left robbed what would’ve been a
game-tying home run. MVP honor well deserved.. “Winning pitcher” label
in this one, not so much..
National League, your time will come.. when Mo
Just about fell in love with it..
The second half of the season.. A 10 game homestand in store for the
Yanks, beginning with a three game set against Detroit, following the
next two off days. It’s that time again.
P.S. No Derby post because.. it was unquestionably lame. Did we all really want ‘roids banned in baseball?
Okay, I may or may not be exaggerating it a bit, but there was nothing pretty about today’s game.
The Royals uniform:
The retro uni still looks crummy. The only uniform powder blue was ever meant for is that of young school girls.
The double Buckner by Swish & Robbie that screwed Joba over:
started off the game rolling… but when the rains came in the 4th, he
got himself into trouble. However, he would’ve easily gotten out of it
[and not doubled his pitch count] had it not been for the ball, off the
bat of Callaspo, that went right through the legs of Swish and right by
Cano, backing him up, which led to 2 unearned runs, which just so
happened to be the difference in the game.
The 8th Inning meltdown that ruined it all.
in the pen: Joba can’t do it all. As much as some fans would like him
to, he can’t start and cover the 8th too. Handle it next time will you?
People complain about Cotton Eyed Joe at the stadium, but Kauffman
Stadium was jamming to the theme of Jeopardy and Entourage.. do the
Royals think they’re clever?
Though the mistake of calling the ball hit by Callaspo a hit was
corrected later, the official scoring today [and pretty much the whole
series] was bogus.
There’s a chance A-Rod will show up to the game at the Trop tomorrow,
but an equal chance that he may not because he supposedly does 8 to 9
hours of rehab a day… Siick..
On Deck: Wang vs. Kazmir at 7:08 tomorrow night [What's with the start times at the Trop all precisely 8 minutes after the hour?] Let’s hope the Yanks receive some help forgetting about this loss on the plane to Florida with a little entertainment from this guy:
P.S. Beckett is a tool.
Note: I was two seconds from testing the censorship with the headline, but I figured you’d get my point.
This one may have not been a Beckham kick, but any win against a former
Yankee pitcher is one that should be exaggerated [for no other reason
than because it's funny].. and despite the offense putting up 4 runs
on the board with 7 hits, the said “kick” in the game came from the
pitcher that went 7 innings, holding down the 1st place Royals [mind
blowing, yes] to 1 run and 3 measly hits: Andy Pettitte a.k.a.
Old Reliable a.k.a. the man you should give a contract with plenty of
zeros to without him even asking for one. I don’t care if he isn’t a
young stud anymore. The guy still looks good:
… [and gives you solid outings to boot.]
Follow the formula that’s sure to bring approximately 158 more W’s with Bruney & Mo afterward and you get this:
A hell of a let down for Royals’ fans [yeah, they have some]..
Ruining opposing team home openers–> love it.
The other blast from the past, Nuke LaFarnsworth, opted to swallow
the tears this time and settle for payback by easily sitting down 3
Yankee hitters in order, all via the strikeout. We appreciate the love.
- Cano with 2 more hits today.. Did someone give this guy lighter fluid again?
DJ Swish drove in another one today. Though it may not make Nady/Matsui
happy, I say keep the guy with the hot bat in the lineup and screw the
- Alex is apparently ahead of schedule with his rehab and is looking to come back possibly at the end of April [or at least before the original May 15th target date].. Though I’m looking forward to seeing his name in the lineup again [and not Ransom's.. no offense..] his miraculous fast recovery just seems like it would be a definite backfire.. Reasons why I say this: 1.) It’s Alex Rodriguez. 2.) It’s Alex Rodriguez.
CC’s second shot at his first win in pinstripes against Horacio Ramirez
at 7:10 tomorrow night. Are these afternoon week games and
weekend night games throwing anybody else off?