Back To Business
right. The break is over, the game faces have made their return and no
time’s been wasted for the product of a much needed rest to reveal
itself. Despite the lack of excitement during the extended vacation [for some], void of games that don’t give the illusion that they
count, with the relatively uneventful HR Derby and All-Star Game this
year, the upside following the Midsummer Classic seemingly always
manifests with the surge that comes after. We’ve seen what could be
done with two days rest and now with four, it’s getting interesting.
Fresh From The Break:
- Teix has hit one that may make it to Mars.
- Alex is milking the new stadium for all it’s worth.
- Joba picked up a how to pitch book.
- CC outdueled Verlander.
- And Moose made his return… for a day [as an Old Timer].
- I mega miss Moose.
- Was let down Paulie & Tino didn’t show.
- Would love to see Mickey Rivers take on Brett Gardner. 60 years can’t even slow those legs down. Must have a 90 feet dash for next year’s Old Timer’s Game.
- My calls are on point this year. Check what I tweeted a few seconds before Teix’s bomb.
- I don’t know who was watching the Ranger game two days ago, but it was delayed thrice
not because of bees, midges, or black cats, but because the home plate
ump Brian O’Nora had to take multiple breaks after a ball bounced and
hit him in the worst possible place a male can get hit. Though O’Nora didn’t get on my good side with a game he called in April, took a hell of an effort to remain in that game, so *swisher salute*.
- Teix = beast beast beasssst.
On Deck: Andy Pettitte to start off the next series with Baltimore against David Hernandez. I’ll be there.. looking for four straight.